The COMMIX project aims to:
- Combat low levels of literacy
- Engage at-risk students in literacies and academic learning
- Empower learners to become creators of their own stories (individually or collaboratively)
- Provide innovative pedagogical methods towards the use of comics and digital storytelling in education
- Empower stakeholders to use innovative ICT-based educational practices in enhancing young people’s reading attitudes
- Facilitate the use of comics in education by building communities through the use of Web 2.0 technologies
- Implement ways in which technology can support the use of comics for diverse readers.